<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Buttons buttons buttons 

A post by midwestgrrl a week or so ago had me thinking about buttons:

A Circular Tale, In Which Our Heroine Makes Grievous Sartorial Errors, However Innocently
One should not wear one's black coat with one's brown crocodile heels. Therefore, one should wear one's green coat, unless that coat is missing a button, in which case one should revert to the black coat, which is also missing a button. It is a shame that one's leopard coat is not appropriate for daywear (if only because one is not Zsa Zsa Gabor), because it doesn't have any God damned buttons.
# posted by midwestgrrl @ 11:21 AM


I wish somebody would establish button insurance or something like an international button registry. Or maybe clothes manufacturers could just do it as a courtesy to their customers. I own at least half a dozen items of clothing right now that are lacking at least one button. While yes I could have kept and organized those packages of one or two extra buttons that come with some shirts and jackets, but let's face it. I own a lot of items of clothing that have or had buttons. I can't possibly keep track of all the spare buttons. I've even tried calling or writing the company with button requests but usually they didn't know what I was talking about, the item had been discontinued (and therefore the buttons discontinued), or they just thought I was downright weird and ignored my request. Wouldn't it be nice if I could just call up the central button agency with the brand name, approximate year of purchase and description or picture of the item and receive some replacement buttons in the mail the following week?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?