<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

An Evening Down the Tube  

Tonight, the Fat Asian Baby was supposed to go to the Whitney Biennial opening reception with a friend. I was really looking forward to mingling with um, art people, and pretending that I actually have any idea what constitutes socially acceptable yet still surprisingly praiseworthy contemporary art. I even purchased last week's Time Out New York simply because it said Whitney Biennial on the damn cover and I'm obviously a sucker for this sort of thing. Unfortunately, my friend, who works for a large investment bank, was unable to get off work in time to attend the ArtOrgy. Instead, I decided to go out with Gina. We made it out about half a block before we decided our time (and money) would be better spent on a gatorade vodka cocktail in front of the tv.
I'm at a complete and utter loss as to explain the mystic power that American Idol holds over me. It is honestly unbearable. Ryan Seacrest is absurdly intolerable. Actually, he reminds me of Billy Bush. But anyhow, for some reason, I can't help but watch.
Newlyweds is more mindless blather that I can't help but love. I really can't decide whether or not Jessica is really mentally retarded or way smarter than everyone else. We all love to hate her or hate to love her, but who's really getting the last laugh?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?