<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 11, 2004

Hirsute author speaks to F.A.B. 

Isn't it weird how when you learn something new and then immediately thereafter it starts showing up with such frequency in your life that you wonder how you got through the previous 23 years having never known about it before? Just last week the Fat Asian Baby learned the meaning of the word hirsute which I had previously thought denoted something actually important. But now I know the truth, and I'm not really sure why we need such a pretentious sounding word simply to say that something is hairy. No matter, since last week I swear that I've seen or heard that word over a dozen times and thanked my lucky stars every time that I actually know what it really means. Speaking of which, when flipping through the recently purchased and aforementioned TONY mag, I discovered that the hirsute author Nathan Englander, whose book, For the Relief of Unbearable Urges, I just read yesterday and of whom I had previously never heard, is speaking this very night a few blocks from my abode at 92nd Street Y. I wonder if I will be able to pull myself away from the bottle and the boob tube long enough to go hear what he has to say for himself.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?