<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Letter to the Mayor 

Dear Bloombie,
If New Yorkers could get together and agree to just pick up after ourselves, could we please do away with the blasted alternate side of the street parking rules? Please? I really would like the two and a half hours of my life back that I spent in my car yesterday looking for a suitable new parking spot. I could have spent those two and a half hours doing, I dunno, something, like, productive maybe? Also, I did not appreciate the $95 parking ticket I received for parking in a so-called "doctors only" parking spot. If it's really just for doctors, then why bother with the much larger tues/fri street cleaning sign? Why don't you just put up a sign that says in large letters "DOCTORS ONLY- and even they need to move their stupid cars on Tuesdays and Fridays between 11am and12:30pm." I think that would be much clearer. And while we're on the subject, can I please have my money back from the stupid ticket I got in July 2002. I mean, the sign said "No Parking 8am-4pm School Days" How was I supposed to know that "School Days" was meant to apply to the middle of July? I asked this question of the judge when i appealed the ticket, but he simply dismissed without explanation my argument that New York drivers cannot reasonably be expected to assume "School Days" includes July 15th since the New York Public Schools only run from September through June. Unpersuasive? I thought that was fairly persuasive reasoning. What are these damn schools that are in session through July anyway? I'm sorry if they have special needs that require year-round schooling, but don't you think you could've been a little more clear about that on the signage? I mean, if you really mean for people not to park in that spot from 8-4 during the regular school year and also through july and August for special needs kids, then why don't you just put up a new sign that simply says "No Parking Weekdays 8am-4pm"? Or are we including Saturdays and Sundays as school days now too?
Well?
Until the proper ajudication of my appeal, and until I receive my refund for the "School Days" ticket, I am withholding payment on the recent "Doctor's Only" ticket. I really think that's only fair. Just thought I'd let you know.
Respectfully Yours,
Fat Asian Baby

PS. I can't wait to see you on Law and Order tonight. I bet you'll do great.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?