<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Where the Hell Did Everybody Go? 

Apparently today is some sort of Holiday. I'm really not quite sure exactly what's going on, to be perfectly honest. All I know is that I finally was going to do something productive today like visit some museums and lo and behold, every fucking where is closed. I have no idea what the deal is. The first Monday after I arrived (less than two weeks ago) was also some sort of everywhere-closing holiday as well. And since today is a Thursday and nearly the weekend, chances are quite good that many places will be closed straight through till Monday. I guess the French don't like to work much either. If it isn't a holiday, it's another extended vacation. Perhaps I should consider moving here permanently...
Actually, I might also mention that the streets are more or less deserted as well. Maybe it's not another holiday afterall, and I simply missed the memo about fleeing the city today due to high levels nuclear radiation.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?