<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Cheese Woes 

Well, I suppose it was inevitable, as I am American and all...
As you may well know by now, the Fat Asian Baby loves food and spends many hours of the day thinking about her next feeding time. After years of this sort of disposition, I have become a bit of a food snob. In this regard, Paris is one of the best places to be, particularly as my personal favorite food group, cheese, is both abundant and muy tasty. Although I was more than a little pleased to find an entire aisle devoted to cheese at my local supermarket, I have primarily been stocking up at the cheese stand at my local organic fresh air market. It was there that I first encountered a particular chevre frais that can only be described as a creamy orgasm. Which brings me to my current admission. Yesterday at the supermarket, amidst all those fresh cheesy options, I decided to purchase a round of La Vache Qui Rit Cheese (that's Laughing Cow Cheese for all you non French speaking ingrates) for reasons of nostalgia (I think I used to eat little cubes of it in nursery school or something) and simply because the name brings me great pleasure. Now, it is with great embarrassment that the Fat Asian Baby must admit that, with the notable exception of the aforementioned orgasmic goat cheese, La Vache Qui Rit is the fucking best cheese I've had in the month I've been here (and I assure you, I have tasted much cheese). How horrifying.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?