<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 12, 2004

The Fat Asian Baby has long been aware that her Rather Ungracious Host is not exactly a rocket scientist. The other day, when he asked me how to spell claustrophobia because he had no idea, I smirked but figured, not a speller either, are we? Although, to be honest, and as you may have noticed, the Fat Asian Baby isn't such a stellar speller herself and claustrophobia is a rather long word. However, this incident pales in comparison to last night's spelling SNAFU. While attempting to send a text message, my Rather Ungracious Host, basking in the blue glow of his cell phone display, actually asked me whether the word "of" had one "f" or two. (Perhaps I shouldn't be so mean; at least he knew it was spelled with an "f" at all. I remember, and not without great pain, a week-long brain fart during which time I entirely forgot how to spell the word "of" and was forced to write the phonetic "uv" in its stead even though I was aware that it was terribly wrong. I was utterly mortified and filled with shame when my teacher finally looked at one of my papers and gently crossed out "uv" and wrote "of" underneath. I don't think I had ever been so embarrassed before in my life. But then again, I was only six years old at the time)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?