<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Antisocial FAB 

Reading DSloane's post about baseball reminded me that I need to make a final decision about the Atlanta Braves game this weekend. The student government has organized a trip and FAB has been informed by numerous classmates that I better get a ticket soon because "everybody" is going. To be perfectly honest, I cannot think of an experience that I would find more unpleasant than being stuck at Turner Field in a crowd of hatchet-miming, chant-droning Braves fans. The Atlanta Braves are easily the Fat Asian Baby's most hated Major League Baseball team (followed closely by the Cleveland Indians), but am I being unreasonable and antisocial in my principled refusal to attend?
The Fat Asian Baby is starting to feel antisocial guilt due to her decision not to participate in the picnic and games this afternoon at grad school orientation. While I'm sure picnics and games are fun, FAB is not a fan of forced mixers and would generally prefer to sit at home by herself eating cheese (or alternately go to Kiehl's and spend an exorbitant amount of money).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?