<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Food Section Digested 

The Fat Asian Baby was reading this article in today's Food Section of the Paper of Choice, when she came across this unassuming tidbit and stopped dead in her tracks: "Armando Gambera, an associate professor at the University of Gastronomic Sciences in Pollenzo who specializes in cheese, agreed." Um, wait, what am I doing here toiling away with biostatistics? How do I become a gastronomic scientist specializing in CHEESE?? Please somebody help me figure out how to make this happen? This reminds FAB of Marian Burros' recent article about cheese farming in New England which also sounded like a better career path than the one going down in A-town..particularly if I get to become the cheese-tasting wife of that yummy looking farmer they profiled.
Also tasty looking in today's Food section was the article about New York's food vendors like the arepa lady pictured which reminds the Fat Asian Baby of favorite arepa munching venue Caracas Arepa Bar in the East Village and the much beloved (particularly when hungover, which was often) empanada window on the corner of E. 3rd and C.
Now please excuse me while I go drown my sorrows at the 24 four hour Taco Cabana drive-thru.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?