<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 25, 2004

Touche 

Appparently Ashlee is on the defensive about her hilarious SNL appearance. She lashes out at the little people laughing at her with the amusing claim that there are "too many important people behind my career to stop it now."
And in case you haven't had a chance to laugh at her yourself, check out the clip via college humor.
The Fat Asian Baby has never taken Ashlee Simpson seriously anyway (I mean, as seriously as I take my other pop stars) because her entire career was launched in the three months I was in Paris. When I left the States, Ashlee was a nobody with occasional cameos on Newlyweds (and my roommate informs me, a regular role on some sitcom on a channel I never watch) but pretty much a nobody except to a select group 11 year old girls. When I returned, it was Ashleemania. Needless to say, the whole rise of Ashlee Simpson has seemed nothing short of surreal. If the SNL appearance signals the beginning of the end of Ashlee (which I can only hope it does), then she will have accomplished the impressive task of fitting her entire career into the span of just under 6 months. I wonder if this is a new record.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?