<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 23, 2004

While living in New York, the Fat Asian Baby enjoyed unbridled freedom to exercise alcoholic tendencies as often as possible. No matter where the night went, or how long, there would always be the subway or a trusty yellow cab (or gypsy cab in Brooklyn) to chauffer me home safely. While I have been known to get out of a cab prematurely to deposit my dinner on the street, unlike some others I know, I have never actually blown chunks while riding in a cab. At any rate, New Yorkers are able to practice alcoholism at will and never need worry about transportation. Not so in Atlanta. Without any public transport to speak of, FAB is forced to drive everywhere and is not keen on leaving the car downtown and cabbing it several miles home at the end of the night. Let's just say that living here has been a serious obstacle to the free exercise of flagrant intoxication. I had been extremely displeased with the state of things until reading about this ingenious new service in LA. I can't wait until Autopilots or Home James opens a branch in Hotlanta so I can have my very own struggling male model or actor (or struggling hip hop artist?) to whisk me home at the end of a long night of appreciating liver function.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?