<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 31, 2004

On Asian Efficiency 

Late Monday night, the Fat Asian Baby made a rash online purchase - a fantastic handbag from a vendor in Hong Kong. Tuesday morning, I received an email informing me that the package would be sent later that day via a shipping company called something to the effect of Speedy Hong Kong Express Shipping. Thursday morning, 9am, the US postal service attempted to deliver said package. With all the complaints about the inefficiency of air travel and package delivery in mind, I am sitting here, mouth ajar, in utter disbelief that my inconsequential little purse made it all the way from a warehouse somewhere in Hong Kong to somewhere in New York suburbia in under 48 hours. I guess those Hongers really weren't fucking around when they said they were speedy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?