<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 13, 2005

I Got the Magic Stick 

The Fat Asian Baby was simply tickled as a pickle to be tagged by Gloria at Vers L'Absurde for this Kitchen Music Meme. I'm not exactly sure what a meme is, and I don't actually have any music in my kitchen, but I do like eating and I do like listening. So here goes nothing...

What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
If by "computer" they mean ipod, then the answer is 33.97 GB. For those of us who think in time rather than space, that's 21.9 days worth of ear candy.

What is the last CD you bought?
Hmm, I can't even remember the last time I bought an actual physical compact disc. I will say, however, that I may be the only person who has unsupervised access to the internet who actually, like, pays for music at the iTunes music store. The last album I bought there was Death From Above 1979's You're a Woman, I'm a Machine. It's noisy.
And the very first CD I ever owned was Spellbound by Paula Abdul featuring such timeless hits as Opposites Attract and, well, I actually don't remember what else. Please note: I DID NOT purchase this album. I'd like to think I knew better, even in 1991.

What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?Ehhhh, Throw Your Arms Around Me by Pearl Jam.

Write down five songs you often listen to, or that mean a lot to you. Damn. This is a hard one...I guess the top five songs that I have to listen to several times before moving onto the next song are:
1. Two Headed Boy Part Two by Neutral Milk Hotel. Jeff Mangum's ability to stretch a phrase beyond the human is ridiculously awesome. Oh and the lyricism. Sigh.

2. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World. He somehow mangles two songs bringing them together into one magnificently beautiful thing.

3. Crush by Dave Matthews Band. Yes that's Crush. Not Crash. And yes, I am from Westchester, and no I'm not cool. So shut up, and please let's never mention this again.

4. Gone For Good by The Shins.
Two bits:

I find a fatal flaw
In the logic of love

You want to fight for this love
But honey you cannot wrestle a dove

4 1/2. Oh god! I'm cheating, but I gotta fit this in here somhow. Favorite song 4 1/2 is Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah. You all know it's simply divine.

5. Beck, Lost Cause. I promise I'm not really that depressed. It's just that this entire album (Sea Change) is so self indulgent and amazing. And I guess the Fat Asian Baby is just a hopeless romantic/sucker at heart. Hmm.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (three persons) and why?
Gina at ViaGina because she can't cook for shit but has awesome taste in everything that matters and even stuff that doesn't. Gina is just sooo best.
Eric over at AlexandEricinLA cause he knows more about music than any normal person should. And I'm actually curious as to what he'll say.
And lastly, Fake Internet Boyfriend, Tyler, even though his blog is on MySpace and I'm not sure if you all can see it or not. He might be my alter ego or my soul mate. Or none of the above. But I think he likes music even more than Eric.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?