<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Well Maybe Garfield Will Marry Me 

And the post-feminist backlash begins right. about. now. Actually, 60 Minutes covered this story at least a year ago. And believe you me, FAB was paying attention because, as we may have implied, we have no career-specific goals ourselves unless we can figure out how to make a lucrative career out of eating, drinking, sleeping, cooking, reading, watching tv, talking, looking at shiny but rather expensive stuff on the internet, having sex, listening to music, and occasionally making recreational use of drugs after the kids go to sleep. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the only time I don't feel alienated from my labor is when I'm vacuuming or doing the dishes or maybe I just hate sitting in a cubicle or a cubicle shaped office. I don't usually admit this in public*, but I honestly think life would be quite grand if, at the end of the day, I raised some swell kids and had the most ass-kicking garden on the block. Any takers want to support FAB and FAB-as-yet-Hypothetical-Offspring for the next five decades or so? Seriously, I make a mean lasagne.

*Both FAB parents were horrified when I suggested I wanted to be a homemaker. And all the guys I know would be equally turned off.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?