<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Because clearly I missed the memo the last 5,703 times they've mentioned it 

Ever since the NYTimes ran a series on the growth of Type II Diabetes in America, my parents have added diabetes to the list of health concerns to pester me with in a bid to get me to lose weight and engage in healthy living. My father brought the article up with me twice and urged me to keep my weight in mind before I escaped back to the South. And today, I received a letter in the mail (yeah apparently some people still send letters) from my mother. Tucked inside the envelope was the aforementioned article about fat asians and diabetes cut out from the New York Times as well as a helpful little list of secrets for living longer which include (surprise!) eating five servings of fruits and vegetables a day, watching your weight, watching your wallet, and engaging in physical activity. Thanks Mom!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?