<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Excuses, MoMA, and Sushi 

First off I've been feeling a little guilty of late for the general suckiness of the blog. I really have no excuse except that apparently without any actual work to be procrastinating, the whole blogging thing loses its urgency. Rest assured my vacationing days are dwindling and the upcoming semester promises to be about as pleasant as getting kicked in the face by a horse that just walked through a steaming pile of mushy turds. Anyway, you get the idea.

However, here are two good things that happened to me today:
1. I finally visited the new MoMA and successfully convinced the ticket people that I am a Columbia student* who just returned from a semester abroad so didn't have the necessary Fall 04 sticker that would otherwise make my invalid student ID valid and therefore should be granted admission free of charge like any other card carrying Columbia student. A few years back I vowed to recoup the cost of my tuition in free museum admissions throughout the city. Thanks to the MoMA's new $20 admission fee ($12 for students) I can now say with confidence that I expect to break even in about 68 years provided I move back to Manhattan and aggressively pursue a more cultured outlook on life.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2. I convinced my parents to check out the new neighborhood sushi joint which I am pleased to report, served some of the best and most beautiful sushi I've ever had the pleasure of putting in my mouth (and oh have I had sushi). So if you're ever in downtown White Plains visiting Bill Rancic, be sure to check out Nanase, 522 Mamaroneck Avenue.

*For those of you unfamiliar with the institution and its policies, in addition to receiving a piece of paper certifying your status as an Ivy League graduate in a language you likely cannot read and do not understand, the main perk of being a Columbia student is free admission to many of the museums in New York.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?